Tall Ship and Kirribilli House

Coming home on the ferry I took this picture of the tall ship with the Prime Minister’s official residence in the background (on the right).  However, our PM is not living there; he has his own fifty million dollar mansion across the harbour and refused to downsize.  He’s a rich man.

IMG_4027

Fortunately one does not need to be rich to enjoy Sydney Harbour.  For a couple of dollars this old lady can ride on ferries all day long :)

IMG_4037

IMG_4042

This entry was posted in Diary and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Tall Ship and Kirribilli House

Beautiful photos. And such a deal! Reminds me of the Staten Island Ferry in New York City, which toots by lower Manhattan and gives the rider a fine view of the Statue of Liberty.

2. Jan Schaper says:

Great photos, Mary! With respect to the magic of tradition and the power of history and continuity, it’s a shame that the PM isn’t living in the official residence.

We’ve had quite a few PMs moving in and out of there recently so I guess Malcolm Turnbull feels safer in his own home. Can’t say I blame him. His place makes Kirribilli House look like a shack, I’m sure.:)

Beautiful tour, Mary! Thanks.

seems to be a beautiful place, I love harbor-towns, have a nice day, regards Mitza

5. wfdec says:

At my age and wallet size I think I will have to stick to Melbourne. But they were certainly good photos.

6. Dalo 2013 says:

I love such ferries. While I’ve yet to visit Sydney, when I do I will be following your lead and seeing the city the way it needs to be seen :-) Reminds me when I was in NYC, the best deal there is taking the Staten Island ferry to & for, scenes that are magnetic, and meeting people of the city. Love the last shot.

Thanks R – I do hope you will photograph Sydney one day but it will take more than one day to see it all :) The last shot was from Cremorne Point looking back towards the city. I love sitting on the ferry in NYC too :)