As this is the penultimate session of our course, I would like to ascertain whether the students are confident in their basic techniques.
Although this is a composite class, I have set an examination at a beginner’s level for all the students. Students will be allowed to consult their notes or any material that I had provided to them during the course. The aim of the examination is not to grade them, but to create an awareness of how they are each progressing. Any difficulties or common errors will be discussed and explored the following week during our final session.
Write, from memory if possible:
- A character that demonstrates the variations within a horizontal stroke;
- A character that demonstrates the variations within a vertical stroke;
- A character that demonstrates the variations within any sweeping stroke;
- Any character in three different sizes within the limit of your brush;
- A variety of dots;
- Any character that demonstrates the even intervals between horizontal strokes;
- Any character that demonstrates that repeated strokes should be parallel;
- A variety of strokes that are combinations of the horizontal and vertical strokes.